I just love stating the obvious.
So, why not sell 10? Or 100? If you’re going to put in the effort to sell one, ask yourself if you can find opportunities to sell in bulk.
- Can your book on real estate investing be sold to an investors’ association and included as part of their membership fee?
- Can your book on insurance sales (or any type of sales) be given to a company’s new recruits when they start?
- Can you joint venture your natural cleaning tips book with the manufacturer of natural ingredient cleaning products?
There are groups and associations for just about everything. They are easier to find than ever before. And there are all sorts of ways to sell multiple copies of your books.
- You can do a talk to a group on Zoom or in person and give a link to the book at the end of the talk. You can make that link to an online seller or do a direct link to a downloadable book on your website (and even offer a discount for a limited time). Or, you can have people pay for the seminar and include the book in the seminar fee. Or sell print copies at the back of the room after the talk.
- You can team up with a company to use your book with employees or use it as a giveaway to their customers. (One of my clients has sold thousands of books this way.)
- You can “white label” your book and license others to sell or use it, putting their name as author.
So many times we put our books up on Amazon and other sites and hope that being in the world’s biggest marketplace will be enough. But it’s not. Unless you tell others about your book, people aren’t going to find it. Each sale is hard won.
When you sell in bulk, you are expending about the same amount of effort and getting multiple sales. Sometimes it takes some brainstorming to find the angles to creating alliances and bulk sales. Many of my clients aren’t thinking in terms of marketing, much less marketing in bulk. They just want to “have a book.”
As writers, we not only want to have a book, we want to sell those books. We want to get our story and our message out to the people it will help and resonate with. All you need to do is make a slight shift in your thinking. Start thinking in bulk.
Need help brainstorming marketing ideas? Book a one hour brainstorming session with me for $100. Email me and we’ll set it up: Barbara@BarbaraGrassey.com